Thursday, February 23, 2017

Jesus Took on the Human Condition



I once heard a story told of a little girl who's mother had severely burned hands.  In fact, the girl would not have her friends over because she was embarrassed that anyone might see them.

One day her mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner with her daughter. In total frustration the daughter asked her mother what happened to her hands that made them so ugly.

Her mother said:  "Dear, you see, one day I was preparing dinner, much like I am today.  I could smell something burning and ran to see what it was.  When I got to your room the blanket in your crib was on fire.  I couldn't let you die because I love you, and I tore the blanket off of you.  The material that was on fire stuck to my hands, and well, my hands were scarred for life."

The daughter did not know this.  When she found out the reason she openly wept, and kissing her hands said:  "Mom, I love your hands."

When God saw what man had done to himself, the hurts, the wounds, the pain, the suffering of every kind, and ultimately death itself, the 2nd Person of the Trinity became man to take all of this upon Himself to overcome it.  Being life itself, He had the ability to conquer even death. That is why mankind can look upon Calvary as his salvation.

Roger L.


No comments:

Post a Comment